Coronial Family Services
Coronial Family Services is part of Queensland Health Forensic and Scientific Services. In the first few days of a coronial investigation, counsellors may provide information and support to relatives and close friends of people whose deaths are being investigated.
Counsellors can provide information about:
- the process of a coronial investigation
- preliminary and autopsy examinations (including possible organ and tissue retention)
- support for identifications and viewings
- referrals to support groups and local services
- advocating and liaising with other agencies on your behalf
Coronial Family Services is based in Brisbane but provides assistance by telephone to people throughout the state.
You can contact Coronial Family Services by
Free call 1800 449 171
Phone: (07) 3096 2794