You may also seek independent legal advice about your options regarding a coronial investigation. You can contact:
- Legal Aid Queensland for information and referral for legal advice, and advice on whether you qualify for free legal aid;
- Queensland Law Society for names of legal firms in your area that specialise in inquests and coronial law;
- Community Legal Centres Queensland for the nearest community legal service available to you; and
- LawRight (formerly QPILCH) an independent, not-for-profit, community-based legal organisation providing pro bono legal services.
- Queensland Coronial Legal Service – a specialist service which provides free legal advice about the coronial jurisdiction and represents the interests of people who are disadvantaged or on a low income when they come into contact with the law.