Support services for families and friends
Queensland Coronial Legal Service
- provides free legal advice to bereaved family members about any aspect of the coronial process and associated issues;
- provide representation to family members appearing in some inquests (where the matter fits with casework guidelines); and
- works with other service providers to help bereaved families connect with social work, counselling and other support services.
For more information you can make an appointment by contacting:
Caxton Legal Centre
Phone: (07) 3214 6333
Phone: (07) 4721 5511
Support Services for families and friends
- Standby Suicide Service – Uniting Care suicide bereavement programs for people who live in the Brisbane and Far North Queensland
- Lifeline – Crisis Support and Suicide Prevention
- Kids Helpline – Free, private, confidential phone and online counseling for 5 to 25 year olds
- Reach Out - Mental health organisation for young people and their parents
- Red Nose - For families who have experienced the sudden and unexpected death of a baby or child
- Victims Counselling and Support Services – For people affected by violent crime, either directly or indirectly.
- Queensland Homicide Victims Support Group – Range of support services for people affected by the death of a loved one by homicide
- The Compassionate Friends, Qld Inc. – Grief support for parents, siblings and grandparents after the death of a child
- Salvos Careline – Phone crisis counselling for issues including bereavement
- Victims Assist Queensland – Referral services for victims of crime and their families, includes financial assistance information for funeral expenses
- Paradise Kids – Grief and loss support program for kids
- Suicide Call Back Service – Phone counselling for those at risk of suicide and those affected by the death of a loved one by suicide
- Griefline – Supports people experiencing loss and grief at any stage of life
- Oneplace - Community services directory for Queensland parents, families and professionals looking for support.
- National Indigenous Postvention Service - Supporting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families impacted by a loss from suicide or other traumatic event through 24/7 culturally responsive support.